Welcome to my first review. In my last post, I went over what information I thought was important for a handbag review. Using that as a template, I thought I would try doing a review based on just the facts……with maybe an opinion or two.
Name – Louis Vuitton Riviera MM Damier Azur
Price – $1640 purchased in Hawaii in May 2016. This size bag was not on the Louis Vuitton website on 9/26/16, but the PM size was on the website for $1650.
- Length – 17 inches
- Height – 12 inches
- Width – 7.5 inches
- Handle – 14 inches
- Non Adjustable strap length – 33 inches
- Drop length – 7 inches for handle, 17.5 inches for non adjustable strap
- 1 inside flat pocket
- 2 smartphone pockets
- 1 D-ring
- Removable strap
Modeling shots – For reference, I am 5’9″
What fits inside the bag – My 4 basic must have items are my keys, wallet, iPhone 6+, and iPad mini. I have a bonus second shot adding in an 11.6″ laptop computer to show how much room there is inside this bag.
- Very roomy. Can be used as an everyday tote or as a travel carry on bag.
- It has a zipper. Things won’t fall out.
- I use the D-ring to attach my cles or hand sanitizer.
- Handles are comfortable because of the braided detail at the top
- Plenty of places to attach a bag charm
- Strap is uncomfortable and slides off my shoulder sometimes.
- Bag is too heavy to be carried on the shoulder when the laptop is inside. I carry it by the handles when I put the laptop inside.
- Zipper can’t be closed with one hand. Need two hands.
An opinion or two
- This is a good travel carry on bag because of the zipper. Previously I was using a Neverfull, but was concerned that things could fall out or that I could be easily pick pocketed.
- I’m not a fan of the strap because it’s uncomfortable and slips off my shoulder. I find it more comfortable to carry it by the handles. I will probably look for a different strap to use with this bag.
That’s it! I hope you found the information presented to be helpful. Please let me know by commenting below if you have questions. Thanks!